Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Teacher Appreciation Week


I am the room mom for my child's classroom this year, and for teacher appreciation week, they asked us to create a candy poster for them.  However, I didn't want to do the same thing that everyone has already done.  So after collaborating with my sister, we came up with an idea to make a 'wanted' poster.  I think it turned out pretty cute and should stand out from the rest of the posters around the school. 

While I was creating this, I found a cool function on my Silhouette called "offset".  When you have your Silhouette program open, look under the 'object' file and it will be there. What does it do you might ask?  If you look at the word reward on the poster, you will see that it is all one big word cut out together. It didn't start this way though. I typed my words out using whatever font I wanted and then 'offset' it.  Then when you cut it, you will have the word cut out in one piece.  It was totally awesome, and I loved how it looked.  This is a great function if you are cutting out of paper and don't want to glue each individual letter down.


I also put together this gift basket for our teacher with some fun things for her classroom and for her.  I found this cute blue basket at the dollar store and to personalize it, I cut out the teacher's name in vinyl and stuck it on.  It just made it that much more cute, and only took a few minutes to do. 

So there you have it, two nice and easy things you can make for your child’s teacher for teacher appreciation!  We are so grateful for all the teachers out there and for all that they do to help teach our children!  

1 comment: