Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Picture frame message board

Who doesn't love finding little love notes around the house addressed to them?  And almost everyone has those little "to-do" note pads that they keep around the kitchen, office, bedroom, etc. to write down quick notes, missed calls, or just random reminders.  White boards are obviously pretty popular for just such needs as well.  Well this easy to make alternative is better than a white-board, because it's cuter :), but works just the same.


It's simple.  All you need is an old picture frame that still has it's glass-- I picked this one up at the thrift store-- and some scrapbook papers.  For this particular one, I also added a piece of ribbon and some rhinestones for a little bit more detailing.  

After choosing my papers I cut out this tree using my Cricut and the Wall Decor and More cartridge. I've said it before and I'll likely say it again, I love that cartridge.  If you don't have it yet, check out our website and finally succumb.  
All sorts of extra detailing on each piece.  Love it.


Cut your paper to fit the size of the frame.  To fit my frame size, I had to use two different pieces of paper.  I used the ribbon to cover the seam.  From this point, add whatever type of detailing fits your room design, colors, style, etc.!  I added this tree, and then some varying sizes of rhinestones.  They were pretty flat, so they fit fine behind the glass.  I also added some small text under the tree, though it is hard to see as the paper color was pretty neutral.  (I used the font from the Cricut Lyrical Letters cartridge.)

Add detailing with some text, cut shapes, and rhinestones.
Put it in your frame in place of a picture, and get to it!  Get colored dry erase markers to write with, and put in a place of easy writing access.  Then sit back twenty minutes from now and say "Yeah. I made that."   :)  Easy as can be, and useful!



No comments:

Post a Comment