Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Window Snowflakes

Written by our guest writer: Devon Searle

As I was sitting in my car last night waiting for my husband to come out, I noticed how cute this stores windows looked. They had these huge white snowflakes on them and it make the windows looks so festive. It got me thinking "hey I want to do that to my windows". So this morning, I got out my Silhouette machine and got to work.  I searched in the Silhouette store under "snowflakes" and got tons of results.  I wanted just a simple snowflake and I found one that I liked titled "snowflakes". It came in a set of 3 different types of snowflakes.

I only loved one of the three snowflakes shaped for my windows so once I had the shape on my page, I highlighted it and un-grouped the set. Once this was done, I was able to delete the other two shapes.  From here, I sized the snowflake to the size I wanted, and duplicated it 3 times to fill up the page.


If I was feeling really festive, I would have made a bunch of huge snow flakes to put on all of my windows but, I just wanted to put them on the windows by my door.  You could also use Silhouettes frosted vinyl for a more sheer look (like how we did for the ghosts on Halloween), but I wanted white.

After I had them all cut out, I ran down stairs and put them on the window!  This whole project only took me a few minutes and it turned out adorable. So if you're looking for a quick way to decorate your house this season- this is it!


No comments:

Post a Comment