Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cheese Party: Simple Table Cards


So, it turns out that I have a great love of cheese.  This, naturally, led to my desiring to throw a "fine cheese" party in an attempt to get to try all sorts of delicious new cheeses and have a fun evening with friends.  We decided to make it a mock "black-tie" affair, and have everyone dress up.  The rules were simple:  dress-up, bring a fun new cheese you've never tried, and come ready for fun!  My part was to provide the crackers and bread, sparkling cider & grape juice, and my apartment as the venue.  I did white lights in the trees, candles, fall leaves, and decided some cute table-cards for people to write the name of their cheeses on would be just the touch.  
Unfortunately, my busy schedule left me with only the day of the party to get ready, and I spent so much time cleaning and shopping for supplies that I left hardly any time to make the cards!  No problem.  Having my Cricut made whipping out some simple, cute table-cards in a matter of minutes easy.  I just flipped through the booklet of one of my favorite cartridges, Wall Decor and More, knowing it wouldn't let me down, and found just the right image.
Take a blank card and write down what cheese offering you've brought to share. :) 

Within minutes I had about 30 table-cards on the table, ready to go. At one point during the evening I had a guest marveling and asking me if I had cut out each of these designs by hand, wondering how I did it, and commenting just how long it must have taken.  :)  I just smiled and said, "Of course!" and that it took me about 5-10 minutes. ;)

Bon apetite!  

(Hint: For a little variety, I used the punched out fleur from the plate as a flourish for smaller cards, which I also put out.  It was like getting two cards made for every one cut! I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment